Thursday 17 October 2013

Second bacteria plate


For my second bacteria plate I used bacteria from a lock from a locker, and I covered the whole plate with it. Except in the first quadrant the bacteria is controlled, nothing was done to affect it, but in the second quadrant I added a piece of paper towel soaked in vinegar. In the third quadrant I added a piece of paper towel soaked in bleach, and in the fourth quadrant I added a piece of paper towel soaked in soap. The purpose of this is to see what kind of liquids stop bacteria from growing. As you can see from the picture of my plate, the controlled bacteria obviously grew and in the second, third, and fourth quadrant, no bacteria grew. So, the vinegar, bleach, and soap works. These liquids kill bacteria. I think this experiment can be done with viruses too.

No comments:

Post a Comment