Friday 14 November 2014

colon cancer surgery

After seeing these live posts and pictures of this operation. It was kind of gross but very interesting at the same time. I was very surprised on how the surgeons put a laprascope into the abdomen which helped us see it better. It was also cool how they inserted co2 into the patients stomach to inflate it. I found it very disgusting how they used a stapler to separate the colon. I recognized some things such as colon was cool because we are learning about these things in class as well.Something new I learnt today that I did not know before was that the surgeons tattooed the tumor with ink to make it easier to find it.

1 comment:

  1. Loyola's experienced team of colon and rectal surgeons treat a variety of problems of the colon, rectum and anus ranging from benign conditions,

    ReplyDelete